Contrary to popular belief, Quality Assurance isn’t just about spotting problems and solving them. Rather, it also involves identifying and amplifying positive performance and trends within the call center. QA provides a clear direction and shared understanding so you can set achievable goals. Call center QA provides invaluable insight into how you are performing and what your customers are really experiencing. However, even in today’s technologically sophisticated contact centers where the best practice habits have been embraced by the contact center, QA continues to lag behind. Why? The following are 5 of the most common excuses and why they are flawed:
1. “My management won’t approve the investment.”When companies – especially in the consumer market- allocate their budget, they ordinarily send the lion’s share to sales, marketing or advertising. Some companies however, invest big bucks into service and product development with the conviction that faster or shinier products in the pipeline will rake in more profit. And while Americans are fascinated by new and shiny things, where they finally decide to put their money does not depend on advertising or marketing, but in superior customer support. Ever noticed how negative publicity travels faster and further than positive publicity? Just a single disastrous customer experience in the hands of a tech-savvy consumer can travel the world in a matter of minutes. Reverberating and ricocheting through your competitive landscape, this is a clear indication of the importance of investing in your customer’s support function through call center QA. Call Criteria, a reputable QA company, takes great pride in its innovative techniques that help shed prices and enables them to deliver affordable quality assurance services. Besides, your contact center requires the right tools and technological support with superior service if it is to match up to the fierce competition in the call center industry. Your call center agents are at the forefront of everyday dealings with customers. Poorly training them and providing outdated tools is like sending your soldiers to battle with kitchen knives.
2. “It’s not worth the effort.”Is there such a thing as a quick fix when it comes to quality management in your call center? In a previous blog post, “Call Center Quality Assurance: The Secret Recipe for Success?” The value of quality management within a call center revolves around three main points;
- Improved employee morale
- Reduced wasted time and resources
- Increased customer satisfaction
3. “I’m not sure what it is or what it will do for my call center.”Any competent and professional call center QA will have a ready answer for this. A company like Call Criteria will tell its clients that monitoring, measuring, and managing service and agent performance are top priorities for all call centers. Furthermore, QA is an essential player in aligning your workforce, processes, and systems to the set objectives and goals of your company through cost control and customer satisfaction. Other benefits provided by such QA companies include:
- Provides insight into agent performance, allowing your call center to better manage processes, costs, and customer satisfaction
- Improves agent productivity and team motivation
- Allows you to monitor, record, and evaluate the quality of customer interactions in your call center
- Gives you the ability to make better decisions through actionable intelligence
- Gives you the power to change agent behavior
- Provides a comprehensive solution that incorporates customer interaction analytics like data analytics and customer surveys
- Allows call center supervisors to shift their attention from data collection to more intensive areas like coaching, planning, and training.
- Helps you develop your team to ensure integrity of sales interactions
- Helps you mitigate risk and exposure to regulatory compliance penalties