“This call may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance.” No matter how many times you may have heard this opening script, it never ceases to amaze how often it’s improperly stated, incomplete or missing altogether. However, this hints toward a much larger elephant in the room. Let’s begin by asking the following three questions;
- What do you do to follow through on the ‘assuring quality’ element?
- Are you actually making changes to improve agent performance heard on calls?
- Do you strive to improve customer experience based on data collected by your QA program?
- Who’s performing the monitoring?
- How will you utilize the data gathered?
- What does your scorecard include?
- How will you implement changes and best practice standards?
- What KPI’s will you measure?
- How many calls per agent, for what time period, will be analyzed?