With the new year in full swing, we at Call Criteria know how important coaching can be to your overall success. When agents perform well, your business usually does well (though the inverse can also be true). Agents need to know what you expect as well as receive regular feedback on how they measure up to your performance expectations. Coaching, therefore, is a hands on process that helps your agents improve their performance to effectively take your company to the next level. Perhaps the most important thing to note about contact center coaching is that you should never coach based solely on performance numbers. While numbers are important, they are just one indication that your current business model is working or not.
To coach with results-driven goals in mind, you must define the healthy behaviors that speak to your organization’s mission and beliefs.When coaching, always consider the following;
- Define desired results
- Isolate the behaviors that drive the results you’re looking for
- Reinforce tangible, observable behaviors (not beliefs, attitudes or personalities)
- Coaching should be performed as quickly as possible to stamp out problem behaviors before they fester
- Coaching needs to be consistent
- Coaching must be specific